I tried to play most sports growing up… honestly any sport that was offered I would try out for it in school or club. In grade 12 I decided to hone in on field hockey as being my number one sport and dedicate most of my training to that to make a University team. In my first year when I tried out for the Vikes I honestly though I had no hope in make the team. But after a long three day try out… I was selected to the team. Yes I cried my whole way home and my parents were both so proud of me. I am honoured to say this currently my third year playing for the Vikes Women’s Field hockey team and I love every minuet of it. My team is my family and I would die for my hockey sisters. We win, we loose, we fight, we bond, we cry, we love but we all share one thing in common and that is the passion for our sport. The hockey community is great in Victoria, I very lucky to be apart of it. Ever since I was a little girl I always wanted to follow in my moms foot steps and one day play for the Vikes.

As much as I love field hockey I do think it is a dying sport and one that not every school can afford to play. But I would love to be a teacher that brings in back or to even start a hockey team at a school if there is not one.