Today in class we had another guest speaker and I personally thought he was really awesome. I first of all loved how he opened up his own school and they have over 80 students who attend it and looking to expand to roughly 120 – that is amazing. As much as I am not a city kid at all I can see why he wanted his school to be in the city of Victoria so the students are close to everything. I was interested to hear how how he asks all the student who want to attend his school what they are passionate about and many of them continue to respond with “nothing!” As a student in high school I could easily list of 5 things that I am interested in so I was kinda shocked to hear that was a common response for many students. I also love how it is just him and one other person who are running this school… the truly amazing in its own as I can not even imagine trying to teach 120 students, as-well as hit all the requirements the BC curriculum has to offer, and maintain a school. My only question that I have with this type of school and learning is how is it being Indigenized? Are their land acknowledgements and do students know the truth about what has happen to Indigenous people of Canada?