In this weeks class we had another guest speaker. I thought she did a really great job in sharing her own personal story with the class so we could try and make connections that way. I also really appreciate her feeling comfortable enough opening and sharing her own life experiences because that can sometimes be very hard to do. Throughout her presentation we got to go into a lot of breakout rooms to discuss what I thought were very deep topics… therefore it was really nice to hear other peoples opinions. We talked a lot about kids with autism and who are on the spectrum. I personally find this is a really tough topic to talk about because it is super sensitive and I also do not have a lot of back ground knowledge with the topic. I am not going to lie I really found throughout her presentation that she really put down the public schooling system which I did not like at all. I personally thought to myself just because maybe the school did not help your Childs needs does not make the public schooling system a bad one for kids who are on the spectrum to go through. I have two questions that I would have really liked to of asked her and they would be… how can a teacher devote all their time to one kid when they have 30 other kids to look after? Second of all she stated that “her child would just be removed from the classroom environment if they did not get it or where misbehaving” if she is so upset about them doing that… how would she solve the problem if she was in a teachers perspective? Make the teacher just help that one kid while the other 30 are supposed to sit in their desk patiently? I know for a fact from having both my partners as teachers that those 30 kids are not going to sit like that for a long time. Again I do appreciate her opening up but until one has stepped into a class and taught like a teacher does everyday its really not fair to put teachers down.